Talk:World Archives Project: USHMM - Odessa, Ukraine, Selected Holocaust Records from Romanian Occupation during World War II
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Ive been browsing the arbitration of this project, i haven't yet submitted anything in arbitration. Pending some questions of my own I'd like to resolve first. But here are a few obvious ones I've come across.
1) Occupations are not suffixes or street addresses. They are not being keyed for this project. 1a) In the same vein, evreu and evrică (jew, and jewess)are not prefixes.
2) Classification of form types. I will elaborate on this later. There will always be some forms where classification remains a matter of choice. 3) Failing to key as written. If it says Moghilău, write Moghilău. If it says Moghilev, write Moghilev. Yes, they are aliases for the same place, but the integrity of the record should be preserved.
4) Failing to follow the keying standards.
5) Marking faded documents as cover pages.
6) Per the instructions on the Name list, we DO key the expediters.
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.