Talk:World Archives Project: USHMM - Krakow, Poland, Applications for ID Cards for Jews during World War II (Part 4)
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
There is a second page of the Ergänzungsbogen, which contains the signature of the primary person. No information will be keyed from this page. It is to be classified as "Cover Page." Some keyers are still keying this as an Ergänzungsbogen or miscellaneous document. Please read instruction page under Ergänzungsbogen. ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
Household Member List: For images where the left and right side pages have been separated, only the left side page (the side that lists the names), should be classified as a "Household Member List." The right-side page should be classified as "Cover Page." Please read project instructions under Houshold Member List. ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
Ergänzungsbogen and Fragebogen: Some keyers are keying Kraków in the birth county field when it is written as Krakau. Ignore the keying help that pops up here and key as seen. ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
1. Residence request question: Sometimes on a residence request, there is a handwritten number on the upper right-hand corner of the page. Some people have been keying this as the ID number. My understanding was that an ID number was only given when a request was accepted. So is it correct that if the request is denied, an ID number should not be keyed? In earlier Krakau projects, there was a stamp with the ID number when a residence request was accepted. ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
2. Ergaenzungsbogen question: When I was keying earlier Krakau projects and did see photos, the photos were of the primary person or RELATIVE. Some keyers are adding a NO to the Photo field for the HEAD person. Is it correct that a No should only be entered for the RELATIVE and not for the HEAD in the photo field? So basically when entering info for the HEAD, name, surname and relationship should only be keyed, correct? ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
3. Sometimes children's names are also on the Residence Request and some Miscellaneous documents. Sometimes the given name is only written. I have seen some keyers just assume that the children have the same last name as the primary person on the form. I have seen children have a different last name if their parents were married through religious ceremonies and not Civil marriages. Wouldn't it be considered inferred information if keyers key the same last name for the children if it is not written. Shouldn't the last name only be keyed if it is actually written? ~ Rebecca 6-17-2013
4. Ergaenzungsbogen question: Some keyers are keying the residence location for the HEAD. The field help instructions say to key the residence in question #5 from the field labeled "genaue Wohnung: Ort." This field is only found farther down the page and it concerns the primary person or RELATIVE. I realize that Krakau is usually written under the Head of Household's name in the "Wohnung" field. Is it correct to enter a residence location for the HEAD? So basically when entering info for the HEAD, name, surname and relationship should only be keyed, correct? ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
5. Ergaenzungsbogen question: If it is written in the "Seit wann wohnen Sie in Krakau" field "Seit Geburt." Don't we key "Seit Geburt" in the year field as it says in the field help? Some keyers are keying the birthdate. ~Rebecca 6-17-2013
6. BACK of Residence Request with only paragraph typed in Polish Shouldn't the BACK of the Residence Request form be classified as a Cover page? This is the form with just the paragraph typed in Polish in the middle of the page. In earlier projects, it was classified as a cover page. I have seen some keyers classify it as a image with no data form.
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.