Talk:World Archives Project: Tulare County, California, Sheriff's Office and Prison Records, 1874-1963
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Sheriff's Cash Book is to be keyed as Miscellaneous form type - Anna said so on the message board. --Katerimmer 18:45, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
Register of Actions
- Q: If the Defendant is listed as "A. H. Williams et al", should "et al" be entered into the Suffix field or be ignored as it is not part of the person's name and just means there are other unnamed Defendants?
Register of Convicts
- Q: Under what form type should the second page of the Jail Register be classified as? The left hand page of the register has the information that needs to be entered. The second page (right hand) is a continuation of the information for the convict (for example, Residence, Trial Judge, Court, Sentence, etc.). However, we are not entering any of this information. So would this page still be classified as a "Register of Convicts" and we enter no data?
- A: I would class this form as a "cover page" since there is no keyable information. --Wiedwoman 20:19, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- A: It is included in the examples of Cover Pages on the wiki page. --Katerimmer 13:49, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- Q: If the name of the convict appears twice on the same register with the same "Received Date", do we enter it as two separate records? Or just as one?
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.