Talk:World Archives Project: Scotland, Royal College of Nursing, Register of Nurses
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
1) Keyers are using the dropdown for months, which shows 'Sept' instead of 'Sep'. The project instructions clearly say to use the 3 letter abbreviation.
2) Many keyers are keying all of the 'X' type forms as 'applications'. The project instructions say:
Do not choose the application form type for images with phrases 'Final Examination', Form X, Form X8, Form X9, or Form X10 in the upper right corner of the image, or any other variation of 'Form X' other than 'Form X7'. Choose the 'Cover page' form type for those images.
(My accuracy has just dropped dramatically from 'Exceptional' on those that I have keyed so perhaps there is a reviewer that is also unsure of which forms to key as 'applictions'?)
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
The wiki says: Choose the "Registration" form type for images with "General Nursing Council for Scotland" at the top of the image in bold lettering followed by "File No." However, there is no registration form offered. Do I use Application or Cover sheet? Patricia 5 Sept 2014
- A: It should say to choose the "Packet Cover" form type. --Katerimmer 22:46, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
Are "civil date" as per the keying image samples and "registration date" the same thing??
- A: Presumably. --Katerimmer 21:46, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
All dates I have seen so far have been in military style, i.e. 8 August 1932. I have a registration date that is numerical, i.e. 11 8 33. Is this the 11th day of August 33 or the 8th day of November 33?
- A: it would be the 11th of August as UK dates where the month is numeric always have the day before the month. --Katerimmer 17:37, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
The keying instructions for Registration Month and Birth Month now say to "key the month as seen from the ... date using the dictionary provided for assistance." Can you please clarify what this means. Does it mean that we key the month in whatever format it appears on the image, abbreviation, full month name, number, or does it mean we must select an abbreviation from the dictionary? --Katerimmer 18:37, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
- A: Key the month using the abbreviation found in the dictionary. There is a glitch where some keyers will see "Sep" for September and some will see "Sept" - as a reviewer we are asking that you accept either. Annafechter 17:14, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
Q: Are we to key the month as a number if it is shown? The instructions state to key as seen. They do NOT state to key as 3 charactacter month? --Wiedwoman 15:27, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
Q: Should "Application for Re-Inclusion" be added to the list of applications to be entered?
- A: No, it is shown in the last sample image for the Cover page form type. Annafechter 21:09, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.