Talk:World Archives Project: New York and Vicinity, United Methodist Church Records, 1791-1945
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
We have added clarifying instructions associated with the following questions.
1. Should we infer the surname of the primary person from their parents' surname, for instance on a baptism register such as the first additional image sample for baptisms where the child's surname is not shown separately?
- A: Yes, if it is a child you can infer their surname from the parent's surname. "When the surname of the primary person is not present, the surname may be determined by looking at the surname of either a parent or spouse."
2. For the marriages where the image shows two pages, each with one marriage on, such as on Additional Image Sample Number 5, what would the line numbers be? (Since the marriages are effectively in separate columns rather than separate lines)
- A: We only need line numbers keyed for the records with 2 pages and those are listed horizontally. "Line number should only be keyed on images with horizontal lines printed on the page to separate records."
3. I have a clipping of a newspaper article regarding a Commemoration of 200th anniversary of birth of Barbara Heck, a church pioneer. I'm assuming that I'd mark this as Cover Page, etc. Would that be correct?
- A: Yes, that would be a Cover page.
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.