Talk:World Archives Project: New South Wales, Australia, Industrial School Registers, 1867-1925
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
1) On a discharge record, where there are two pages on the image with two different names, do we key as two records or two sections?
- A: You would key each individual as a separate record - not in different sections.
2) On a discharge record, are we keying the names that the person is apprenticed TO, or only the primary person?
- A: Key only the name of the primary individual - the girl who is being admitted, apprenticed out, etc. All of the other fields, Mother name, Father name, Other relative name, will refer back to the girl whom the record is about.
3) Under the "From what bench" column there is a date(sometimes two dates). Would these be admission dates and if so would we use the earliest date if there are two dates showing?
- A: If you can determine that one date is more likely the admission date use that date. If you cannot determine which date is the admission date use the most recent date - so if the two dates are Sept 10, 1905 and October 2, 1905 you would key...
4) If it states "maintained by a person X" or "placed under the care of X" are these people keyed in the relative fields as guardian?
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.