Talk:World Archives Project: Minnesota, State School and Hospital Records
Extra Keying Helps
Do not key numbers ie: #1 in the suffix box. -- Wiedwoman 23:33, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
Q: Under the residence heading, how do I key an entry of "Poorhouse Goodhue"? Do I ignore the word poorhouse and only key Goodhue?
- A: I would key as Goodhue. -- Wiedwoman 23:10, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Q: Another residence question. The only residence entry is "alms house." Do I put nothing at all for the residence?
- A: I would leave residence blank. -- Wiedwoman 23:31, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Q: I'm looking at pages from the University of Minnesota Hospital for Crippled and Deformed Children, and there isn't a place on the document to list birth place, but there is a field for nationality. Should I key birth place from nationality?
- A: No, do not enter the Nationality information in the Birth Place field. Annafechter 16:01, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
Q: If the year is not given in the admittance should we key the discharge date also that has a year?
- A: I would key the discharge date if there is no year shown as admittance. -- Wiedwoman 21:10, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
Q: I have a document with the county name at the top of the page. I have been keying that county as the residence county for all records that have no other specific county listed. Should I do this, though, for a city that I know is not in that county, but does not have the correct county listed in the record. Should I key no county, the correct county, or the incorrect county that is on the sheet? (A Minneapolis record on a Goodhue county sheet.)
- A: I leave it blank, but it may be corrected back to that county when it goes through review. -- Wiedwoman 21:10, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
Q: Are we keying alias names (in parenthases)?
- A: no we do not key an alias as there is no alias field. -- Wiedwoman 21:05, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.