Talk:World Archives Project: London, England, Crisp's Marriage Licences Index
What do I enter when they only show "same" for the spouse's residence? Should I type in the same information as I put for the groom, type "same", or leave it blank?
- Type the same information that you put for the groom.
I find as an arbiter I am frequently typing in more information than the person who has supposedly keyed the whole set in the first place. Please take care to include all the information requested, especially the parish, district and county of residence. Thanks -- Geoffeisen 15:46, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- Agree with above. A lot of this is due to 'residence' issues. Should 'of the Parish St. Lukes, Chelsea of the county of middlesex' be entered as: 'St Lukes Chelsea Middlesex' or 'Chelsea St Lukes Middlesex' as per the instruction "District/Parish/County"? Being a Londoner by birth, the former is the more logical but it all depends on how the database will be searched. It also does not help that neither of the entries above satisfy the 'drop down' list logic. I'm concerned that we are advancing at a great pace on this project but may have 'nonsense' data at the end. Regards -- Somersetbloke, 2135utc, 7 September 2010
- If you look closely at the keyed example on this Wiki it says District Parish of Trinity Upper Chelsea in the County of Middlesex, and is keyed as Trinity Upper Chelsea Middlesex. There is a long discussion on the UK message board about this, and we have asked WAP for clarification on what they classify as "District", but haven't had any answers yet. See here  -- Jackie15648 13:33, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- Anna from WAP has just posted on the message board on the link I gave above that it should be keyed Saint Luke Chelsea Middlesex. -- Jackie15648 17:13, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the link and the clarification from WAP. Somersetbloke, 2110 utc 9 Sep 2010