Talk:World Archives Project: Kansas, City and County Census, 1919-1978 (Part 1)
From Ancestry.com WikiFeel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
Q: Once I have submitted an image set and realize I misinterpreted some information is there any way to recall it to make corrections?
- A: No, sorry there is no way to recall it once it has been submitted. --Wiedwoman 05:47, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Q: The instructions indicate a keyer can cancel "with problems" an illegible image set. If at review we encounter an image set that is far too illegible for me to key (orig keyer marked image as "image with no data") do I send back for keying or cancel review "with problems". --Rhmaynard 15:16, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- A: I would reject the set as they did not use the correct form. --Wiedwoman 18:17, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
R: I did that with the first set I ran into. I was just wondering what was happening with the sets cancelled with problems. This project is "Medium" difficulty I'm sure because of the image quality. But some of these are just frankly NOT POSSIBLE to read. I'll just throw back and see what happens. --Rhmaynard 22:14, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- A: I think that the persons who have access to the cancelled queue will try and read them, but if they can't I don't know what Anna will do with them..... I've been returning the cancelled ones back into the keying queue to see if someone can read them. But if they are cancelled over 5 times they will automatically be sent to the cancelled queue. There are over 30 now that have been returned the maximum amount..... --Wiedwoman 22:24, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Q: I'm working on a Field Bindweed Schedule and some of the farms are owned by a company rather than an individual. How do I enter this? Would "Atlas Pwd Co." all be entered as the given name and leave the surname blank? Or leave the given name blank and enter all as the surname? My image set is about to expire... its been four days and I would really like an answer to my question please
- A: Business names should be entered in the given field. --Wiedwoman 16:44, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
Q: The only form choices are "no information to key", but I have a census form with names. How do I find the appropriate form?
A: What project are you working on? Have you checked the discussion thread for the project for helpful suggestions?
Q: When I try to use the Image Options to darken the page to make it more legible, a completely different page with completely different information comes up. Is there a trick to the Image Options that I haven't yet tried? These pages are difficult to read, and darkening them just a little would make a world of difference.
- A: I have not experienced this "glitch". Is this still an issue? Annafechter 21:20, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.