Talk:World Archives Project: Hampshire, England, Allegations for Marriage Licences, 1689-1837
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
Q. Allegation place is an initial W. Spouses residence parish is Warthem (example). Would Allegation place then be Warthem and not W?
- A: This is what the project instructions say, so you are right: If allegation place is the same as the residence of either the bride or the groom, it will usually be represented by a single letter. Ex: If the groom was from Romsey and the spouse from Andover, "at A" should be keyed the same as the bride's residence, "Andover".
--Katerimmer 22:49, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
Q. How do we key a year such as 6 Feb 1714-1715?
- A: You should key the first year given, i.e. 1714. --Katerimmer 20:19, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Q. If there is more than one place mentioned as the Allegation place which one do we use?
- A: Key the first place mentioned on the record. --Wiedwoman 02:12, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Q. If the residence of the male is HMS Pinafore is that his parish residence?
- A: I would use HMS Pinafore as residence. --Wiedwoman 04:40, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Q. Male Spouse residence is Providence; Female Spouse residence is Portsmith; Allegation place is "P"..which one is it?
- A: I would use spouse residence, as it is listed first. --Wiedwoman 04:40, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Q. They type April as Apl, do we still key Apr?
- A It is Apr. --Wiedwoman 04:40, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Q: The parish name is blanked out like M-------. What does that mean and how do I key it?)
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.