St. Mary's County, Maryland
|This article is a stub. Help us to expand it by contributing your knowledge. For county page guidelines, visit U.S. County Page Content Suggestions.|
Saint Mary’s is a county in Maryland. It was formed in 1637 from the following county/ies: original. The first land deed in Saint Mary’s was recorded in 1827. Orphan Court records begin in 1658. The mailing address of the court's clerk and register of wills is 41605 Court House Dr., P.O. Box 602, Leonardtown 20650-0602. For more information, contact the circuit county clerk at 41605 Court House Dr., P.O. Box 676. On the attached map, Saint Mary’s is located at G6. The courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1831. Some deeds were re-recorded back to 1781, and abstracts of deeds sent to Annapolis beginning in 1784 also make up for some of the records that were destroyed.
For information about the state of Maryland see Maryland Family History Research.
| Counties of Maryland
Allegany • Anne Arundel • Baltimore • Calvert • Caroline • Carroll • Cecil • Charles • Dorchester • Frederick • Garrett • Harford • Howard • Kent • Montgomery • Prince George's • Queen Anne's • St. Mary's • Somerset • Talbot • Washington • Wicomico • Worcester