From Ancestry.com Wiki
This entry was originally written by Wendy Bebout Elliott, Ph.D., FUGA in Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources.
The Arkansas State Highway Commission, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, prepared a complete set of Arkansas county maps entitled General Highway and Transportation Maps of Counties of Arkansas (n.p., n.d.). These detailed maps show such landmarks as roads, cemeteries, towns, railroads, watercourses, dwellings, farms, churches, schools, businesses, factory or industrial plants, and sawmills for each county in the state. Copies of this softbound compilation, no longer available for purchase, are available for research at the Arkansas History Commission, which also houses a fine collection of maps pertaining to Arkansas. Copies of a few of these are included in Norris’ Arkansas Links (see Background Sources).
Copies of individual county maps and reproductions of old Arkansas maps may be obtained from the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department, Map Sales, P.O. Box 2261, Little Rock, Arkansas 72203. A large collection of maps, atlases, and gazetteers for Arkansas and other states is maintained by the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (see Archives, Libraries, and Societies).
Other helpful map sources include:
Arkansas Encyclopedia. 4 vols. Little Rock: Arkansas Industrial Development Commission, 1968. An industrial history and economic atlas.
Baker, Russell Pierce. From Memdag to Norsk: A Historical Directory of Arkansas Post Offices, 1832–1971. Hot Springs, Ark.: Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1988.
———. Township Atlas of Arkansas, 1819–1930. Revised. Hot Springs, Ark.: Arkansas Genealogical Society, 2003. Data taken from federal census, “Civil Appointment” in the secretary of state’s office, and county court records. Includes township location, date of formation and changes in name, and area covered.
______. Arkansas Township Atlas: A History of the Minor Civil Divisions in Each Arkansas County. Hot Springs, Ark.: Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1989.