Ancestry.com Wiki:Getting Started
Since the Ancestry.com Wiki is still in beta, the best way to get involved is to just get reading, editing, and adding content. A wiki only works if it’s built atop a vibrant community. Ancestry.com has one of the best communities in the world and together, we will create the best resource for family history knowledge available.
Here are a few ways to get started:
- Register. If you are an Ancestry.com user, you don't need to do this. You're already registered! Just sign in using your Ancestry.com credentials.
- To search for an article, type the topic you’re interested in into the search box on the left toolbar.
- Browse a list of all available topics.
- Go to a random article.
- Edit a page! If you're not sure how, read this article.
- Start a new article. We know you're expert on some facet of family history. Share it with us. If you're not sure how, read this article.
- Check out our user guide.
- Browse The Source: A Guidebook to American Genealogy
- Browse Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources
- Go back to Ancestry.com