Ancestry.com Wiki:Getting Started
From Ancestry.com Wiki
(Created page with 'Since '''the Ancestry.com Wiki is still in beta''', the best way to get involved is to just get reading, editing, and adding content. A wiki only works if it’s built atop a vib…')
m (Protected "Ancestry.com Wiki:Getting Started" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
|(2 intermediate revisions not shown)|
Current revision as of 18:27, 31 August 2010
Since the Ancestry.com Wiki is still in beta, the best way to get involved is to just get reading, editing, and adding content. A wiki only works if it’s built atop a vibrant community. Ancestry.com has one of the best communities in the world and together, we will create the best resource for family history knowledge available.
Here are a few ways to get started:
- Register. If you are an Ancestry.com user, you don't need to do this. You're already registered! Just sign in using your Ancestry.com credentials.
- To search for an article, type the topic you’re interested in into the search box on the left toolbar.
- Browse a list of all available topics.
- Go to a random article.
- Edit a page! If you're not sure how, read this article.
- Start a new article. We know you're expert on some facet of family history. Share it with us. If you're not sure how, read this article.
- Check out our user guide.
- Browse The Source: A Guidebook to American Genealogy
- Browse Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources
- Go back to Ancestry.com