Where did previous generations come from? How did they live? What did they fight for? And how did their lives affect yours?
Historical records and photos hold so many answers about the fascinating people in history. Ancestry Institution puts them at your fingertips, enabling both research and invite critical thinking.
Whether you’re in a library using Ancestry.com or in a classroom experiencing our K-12 program, Ancestry Institution provides access to the world’s largest online family history resource.
Ancestry Institution Includes:
- K-12 Program – we offer a program specific for K-12 students that includes curriculum focused on family history.
- Ancestry Library Edition – we offer Ancestry.com in libraries around the world to help people research their family history.
- Special Programs – we work with individual organizations to offer grants that support their family history efforts.
Fast Facts About Ancestry Institution:
- Lets you access a vast collection of U.S. and international documents online
- Images of original documents enhance research and critical thinking
- Includes narratives, oral histories, indexes and abstracts to other resources
- You can search over 30,000 Ancestry.com record collections and 11 billion records with a click of a button
- Record collections span the 1500s–2000s
“Ancestry Library Edition is an absolutely necessary resource for our library. The level of genealogical research our patrons and staff are currently able to do using Ancestry Library Edition would be extremely difficult or impossible without this invaluable tool.”
Braswell Memorial Library, Rocky Mount, NCEducation